Alexandria Borg El Arab Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Alexandria El Borg Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Airport security is loose by western standards and I was allowed in with a 1,5L bottle of water.
Gate Areas - Airside. Photo by: Azriv89 / Wikipedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Borg El Arab Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal international airport with three floors.
- There is a duty-free shop and a food court, but not much in the way of entertainment. The airport is out in the middle of the desert, about an hour from the city center, with not much in between. Once you are at the airport, you are limited to what’s at the airport.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Alexandria Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Alexandria Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Africana Hotel - (10 min from the airport) The hotel can arrange for an airport shuttle, call 01220201400 or email hotel to make arrangements, $15.00 USD each way.
- Radisson Blu - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request via email.
- Iberotel Borg El Arab - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Alexandria Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a selection of retail shops.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
For safety reasons, use only the metered taxis available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this update, the approximate fare for a one-way trip between the airport and Alexandria is around 130 - 160 LE.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.