Amilcar Cabral Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Amilcar Cabral Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There is one long row of benches, some of them are without armrests and perfect to lie on and get a sleep. - Piotras
By Starway777 via Wikimedia Commons
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sal International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and friendly single-terminal airport with outdated but clean facilities, comfortable seating and a few shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Amilcar Cabral Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Safeport Business Aviation Lounge - Location: Safeport Executive Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Amilcar Cabral Airport.
If sleeping in Amilcar Cabral Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pousada da Luz Hotel Restaurant - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Pontao - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Hotel Sabura Ponta Preta - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Amilcar Cabral Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Banking - BCA and Caixa Económica offer full-service banking in the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - COTa Cambios offers currency exchange service in the airport. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a selection of retail and souvenir shops.
- Food & Drinks -There are two restaurants in the airport, along with a snack bar in the International departure terminal. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the airport clinic, 24 hours a day.
- Showers - Showers can be found in the Safeport Business Aviation Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm which car rental agencies are available onsite at Amilcar Cabral International Airport. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shared Public Transportation
Travel like the locals do! “Alugueres” are shared-ride minibuses that travel on a well-organized route system for a fixed price. Alugueres on Sal Island travel between Santa Maria, Espargos, and Palmeira. At the time of this update, the average price of a one ride ticket costs 100 Escudos. Taxis - Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.