Asmara Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Asmara Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I find asmara airport very clean. The seating area is comfortable.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Asmara International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with marble floors, comfortable seating, clean facilities and a few shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Asmara Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Asmara Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crystal Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request for $33 USD, each way.
- Midian Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Asmara Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a small selection of shops selling a variety of local crafts and souvenirs.
- Food & Drinks - A full-service restaurant and bar is located opposite the airport terminal entrance. A snack bar is available inside the passenger waiting area.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Public buses serve the airport from 6:00AM - 9:00PM.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. At the time of this update, a fixed rate of 400 Nakfa is charged for a one-way ride between the airport and the city center.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.