Banjul Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Banjul Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The [old] terminal was simply a shack complete with lizards and snakes hiding in the roof space - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Banjul International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and pleasant single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Banjul Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00PM • 5:00PM - 9:00PM (Daily).
Internet is accessible from the airport’s business center. SIM cards and 3GB USB sticks, widely available for purchase in The Gambia, can be activated at participating shops in the airport for use in the airport.
If sleeping in Banjul Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Gambia Coral Beach Hotel & Spa - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel for a fee.
- Baobab Holiday Resort - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Banjul Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs at the airport dispense local currency only (GMD). Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Trust Bank provides currency exchange services. Location: Landside, Main Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International departures area. A variety of newsstands and retail shops are available in the Departures and Arrivals main halls throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Welcome Desk - Location: Landside, Main Hall.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Hertz has a kiosk onsite at the airport. Some local car rental agencies offer pick up on arrival.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. At the time of this update, the average fare between the airport and tourist areas of Bakau, Kololi, or Kotu is 200 - 300 Dalasi, and between the airport and Banjul, the average fare is 400 - 500 Dalasi. Fares are higher if paid with foreign currency.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.