Bissau Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bissau Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I arrived at the airport several hours ahead of my flight, but there was no way one could get into the airport until about an hour before flight time. - Carolyn
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Osvaldo Vieira International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with three gates and very limited facilities.
- No digital displays for flight information, no real security screening, handwritten check-in and boarding passes….and mosquitoes. Lots of mosquitoes.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bissau Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If attempting to sleep in the Bissau Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Ancar- (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Azalai Hotel 24 de Setembro - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bissau Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Shared-ride taxis and minibuses are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.