Conakry Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Conakry Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Conakry Airport.
What to Expect
- This is an older, small, single terminal airport that sees about 300,000 passengers per year on a few connections to western and northern Africa, and a couple longer-haul flights to Europe.
- Renovations began in 2009 but it’s unclear if they are completed.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, but ask about airport shuttles as some charge or do not provide any. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge; showers are available. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Conakry Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Salon VIP Nimba - Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 12:00PM - 12:00AM (Mon) • 2:00PM - 2:00AM (Tues) • 6:00PM - 12:00AM (Wed) • 7:00AM - 4:00PM (Thurs) • 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Fri & Sun) • 3:00AM - 9:00PM (Sat).
WiFi is available at Conakry Airport inside the Salon VIP Nimba Airport.
If sleeping in Conakry Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Zambezi Inn Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Airport pick-up is available for a fee upon request.
- Riviera Tauyah Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available.
- Pension Les Palmiers - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is not available however they can arrange a taxi pick-up for you for 3000f each way.
- Hotel Le Rocher - (20 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available (150.000Gnf one-way).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Conakry Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - A “Welcome Booth” is located in the main lobby.
- Showers - Available inside the Salon VIP Nimba Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the guide.
Travel like a local! A variety of public buses, minibuses, and shared taxis or “collectives” run along the main road just outside of the airport, traveling to the city center, bus stations, and suburbs. Ideal if you are feeling brave, packing light, and traveling on the cheap!
Several car rental agencies serve the airport. Contact your rental agency of choice for rates and reservations.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxis are not metered, so you must negotiate your fare before starting your journey. A typical fare between the airport and city center is around 10,000 - 20,000 FG, depending on the time of day.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.