About This Airport:
We were not allowed inside the Airport lobby so we had to stay outside. Security is OK but you have to have a tireless fight with mosquitoes. - rowlandmichael
"Me and a group of friends stayed at Julius Nyerere 'International' Airport one night in February this year waiting for a flight in a middle of the night. When we arrived around 10pm we were not allowed inside the terminal building before the check-in would start (2:30am). There were limited number of steel chairs outside and most of them occupied already. It was passible to snooze a little, but no real sleep. Inside its even worse: just two rows of seats for 'physically challenged persons' :) occupied of course. we had to sleep on the floor, but the good thing is no one bothers you. Toilets were totally fine if youre not too picky.
All the shops were closed when we arrived, but luckily tax- free is open also at 3am, so its possible to get some snacks and water.
No mosquitoes at this time of the year."
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Tanzanite Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 12pm - 830pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) • 7am - 10pm (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun)
information not available
If attempting to sleep in the Dar-es-Salaam Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport to see refuge. The nearest hotels are:
- Tanzanite Executive Suites -15 minutes from the airport / 3 minutes from the ferry. Airport transfers are available ($).
- Hotel Nikko Towers - 20 minutes from the airport / 3 minutes from the ferry
- New Africa Hotel
Hostels & Budget Hotels near the airport: Transit Motel Airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 2 ATM cash machines are available landside, none inside*
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Children's Play Areas - not available*
- Currency Exchange - Yes*
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update there were no known 24-hour food concessions. Food is available in the Departures Lounge and outside. There is nothing available in the Arrivals area.*
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available *
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
Open 24 hours*
*Thanks to Eve for this information
Dar es Salaam Travel Resources
- Dar es Salaam Hotels - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 31 Jan 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.