Dar-es-Salaam Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dar-es-Salaam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We were not allowed inside the Airport lobby so we had to stay outside. Security is OK but you have to have a tireless fight with mosquitoes. - rowlandmichael
August 2014 - I use Dar airport regularly. I've learnt: If you are late for your flight you should be very polite and apologetic with officials. Service staff are happy to assist you but be considerate that a tip is very appropriate (for me travelling with children this is worth every dollar; they have got me through on flights I was late for; assisted me with immigration paperwork; collected and carried all my baggage including past customs). There is a nice comfortable lounge available with free internet pcs available. I used the lounge free as a business class customer but I believe it's available for economy class travellers too for a fee. The lounge is worth it for the nice toilets; the main terminal ones are ok but if you're a woman you have to pass the mens' and the urinals are in full view. (Toilets on arrival side are messy so go before you leave the plane.) In the cafes outside of security I've seen cockroaches inside the food display units. Inside the terminal I haven't seen pests and hey ignorance is bliss so I eat.
Have you been to Dar es Salaam Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Dar-es-Salaam airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Tanzanite Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Book Online (£20).
information not available
If attempting to sleep in the Dar es Salaam Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Transit Motel Airport - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- Tanzanite Executive Suites - (15 min from the airport) Also 3 minutes from the ferry to Zanzibar. Airport transfers are available ($).
- Hotel Nikko Towers - (20 min from the airport) Also 3 minutes from the ferry to Zanzibar. Airport transfers are available ($).
- Tiffany Diamond Hotel & Spa - (20 min from the airport) 3 minutes from the ferry to Zanzibar. Shuttle service to airport and ferry ($).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Dar es Salaam Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 2 ATM cash machines are available landside, none inside
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no known 24-hour food concessions. Food is available in the Departures Lounge and outside. There is nothing available in the Arrivals area.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 19 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.