Djibouti Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Djibouti Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Tiny and pathetic
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Djibouti–Ambouli International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with just one gate and one baggage carrousel.
- There’s no air-conditioning, so the terminal is hot and humid inside.
- Reviewers mentioned problems with the language barrier.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. According to reviewers, the airport is too small, hot and uncomfortable inside to even consider. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Djibouti Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Kempinski Lounge - This is lounge is available to guests of the Kempinski Hotel in Djibouti. Details are not available.
WiFi is available at Djibouti Airport.
If sleeping in Djibouti - Ambouli International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Djibouti city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Djibouti Palace Kempinski - (30 minutes from the airport) Highest rated hotel on Tripadvisor and a bit pricey. This luxury hotel will arrange a private airport transfer for a minimum of 2 passengers, $50.00 USD each way.
- Auberge Le Heron - (30 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up and trips within town are available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Djibouti Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes (Landside)
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Shopping - A duty free shop is available.
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.