Entebbe Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Entebbe Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Clean, well guarded, place to eat, duty free goods, international phones, not much to do but then no one has reason to layover there too long. -Robert
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Entebbe International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean, well-guarded single-terminal international airport, currently undergoing expansion and modernization. There’s a small selection of shops and a few very good dining options.
- Lines for check-in and immigration are long, but orderly. Lines for boarding can be a little chaotic.
- Restrooms may not have toilet paper, so bring your own!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Entebbe Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Karibuni Lounge - Location: International Departure Lounge, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 150 minutes prior to first flight departure (approx. 3:00AM) - after last scheduled departure (approx. 10:30PM). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 15)
WiFi is available at Entebbe Airport in the transit concourse. Easy World internet cafe is located in Arrivals.
If sleeping at the Entebbe Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Executive Airport Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available.
- Airport View Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request.
- Airport Guesthouse Entebbe - (10 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request.
- 2Friends Beach Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Entebbe Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Two dining options are available in the airport: Voyager Bar & Restaurant (Departures area) • Crane Cafeteria (Arrivals area). Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Arrivals Hall
- Post Office - Posta Uganda. Location: Departures level, 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:45PM and 2:00PM - 5:00PM (Mon - Fri) • 8:00AM - 1:00PM (Sat).
- Showers - Showers can be found in the Karubuni Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Areas - There is a designated smoking area in the Arrivals Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Hertz • Europcar • Super Shuttle • Budget.
- Public Transportation - Unknown
- Taxis - Some cars are metered, while others are not. You should confirm the price before you enter the car.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.