Gaborone Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Gaborone Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Very basic barn-like airport, no real way to get any sense of privacy or security while sleeping. - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, barn-like in structure, with a big open areas inside. There’s a decent snack shop, but no real entertainment in the terminal. You just sit...and wait. At least the seats are padded!
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Gaborone Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Nthula Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35)
WiFi is available at Gaborone Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Gaborone Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Travelodge - (15 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request.
- Capital Guest House - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Gaborone Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
The airport is open from 6:00AM - 10:00PM, or according to flight schedule for that day.
Various types of taxis, from private to shared to combi minivan-type taxis, are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 09 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.