Garoua Airport Guide
Should a flight be cancelled the normal procedure is to lock the offices and representatives go home leaving 100's to wonder when the next one will be. - Dande
"2002 - Garoua airport has a lot to offer sunseekers during the day because you can sit outside and enjoy the glorious Cameroon sunshine other than that it has only the bare essentials. Being the only airport in North Cameroon and servicing only CAMEROON AIRLINE flights you are not the customer - they are doing you a favour. Should a flight be cancelled the normal procedure is to lock the offices and representatives go home (sometimes they write it on a chalkboard)leaving 100's to wonder when the next one will be. The advice is, do not leave your luggage unattended (theft), get as close to checkin as possible (there is only the floor to sleep on anyway) because there will be 2 flight loads next day and flight booking does not guarantee a seat and queuing is not normal, make sure you have drinking water and don't be afraid to argue and shout for your place.If you find yourself on any flight within Cameroon consider going via the larger independent bus companies were you are quaranteed travel and a seat. "
Have you been to Garoua Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
information not available
information not available
If sleeping in Garoua Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel La Benoue - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Garoua Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Garoua Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Garoua Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Garoua hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.