Kano Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kano Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Tranquility did not last long and reality of fighting off the trolley hustlers kicked in as soon as entered the baggage reclaim area. - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with separate domestic and international terminals. Facilities are very basic, with not much available for shopping or dining.
- Guard your personal belongings against the aggressive baggage “handlers” that await arriving passengers near the baggage claim area.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kano Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm details on the airport’s VIP business lounge. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Kano Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Green Palace Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Tahir Guest Palace - (15 min from the airport) The hotel can arrange third party airport shuttle service upon request, N5,000 each way.
- Prince Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up at a cost of N4,000 each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Kano Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Post Office - Yes.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.