Kinshasa Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kinshasa Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upon getting to the airport we were told that yes, we had confirmed the flight, but not the seats. Apparently that is two completely separate things. - Melissa
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at N'Djili International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modernized single-terminal airport with a limited variety of shopping and dining options.
- Exorbitant airport “departure tax” and various other mystery fees that pop up during departure procedures
- Keep your Yellow Fever vaccination paper on you, even during departure, as you will be asked for proof, and may have to pay a fee if you cannot provide it.
- Crowds on non-travelers attempting to get into the airport, and crowds of travelers inside the airport pushing and shoving their way to check-in desks.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
- Reviewers suggest having your luggage wrapped to prevent rummaging and extortion attempts from airport security.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kinshasa Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Okapi Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: same hours as airport. Notes: A user tell us that the facilities are "Dirty, poor and limited service despite a lot of personnel." Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$25).
- VIP Commerical Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35).
WiFi is available at Kinshasa Airport inside the lounges. As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in N’Djili International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back into Kinshasa city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Leon Hotel - (35 min from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($).
- Hotel Royal - (35 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, $65.00 USD each way.
- Kempinski Hotel Fleuve Congo - (35 min from the airport) Luxury high-end hotel. Chauffeured airport transfer service available at $80.00 USD each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kinshasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: International Terminal, next to the “Rotonde”. US Dollars is dispersed.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food concessions at this airport.
- Landside: restaurant operated by Grand Hotel durin airport opening hours. Count on 35 $ for a mediocre breakfast (dry bread, poor coffee)
- Airside: small cafetaria operated by RVA (Regie des Voies Aerienne) during the opening hours of the airport. Serves food (chicken or sausage with floppy fries) and local drinks.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers- Not available. Watch your personal belongings at all times, especially during check-in and (manual) baggage control
- Showers - Not available. Restrooms on land and airside are in disrepair and dirty. No running water.
The airport is open 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.