Lilongwe Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lilongwe Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
This airport closes in the evening and then only re-opens around individual flights because the airport is so small. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with basic shopping and dining options.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lilongwe Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Lilongwe Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Crossroads Hotel - (25 min from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle service available on request ($).
- Madidi Lodge - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged upon request ($).
- Kiboko Town Hotel - (30 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged with a 3rd pary supplier upon request for $35.00 USD each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lilongwe Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - A bank is available.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a magazine shop and gift shop.
- Food & Drink - The airport offers food and beverage concessions but location (landside or airside) and the hours are not known.
- Information Desk - Information not available however there is a tourist information desk that may be of assistance.
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid station however hours and location are not known.
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Showers - Not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. A one-way trip between the airport and Old Town takes about 30 - 40 minutes.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.