Lusaka Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lusaka Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I wouldn't want to sleep in the airport or even be there late at night.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kenneth Kaunda International Airport.
What to Expect
- A friendly single-terminal international airport with very limited shopping and dining options.
- One reviewer described the departure process as lengthy, inconvenient and uncomfortable, with several security checkpoints.
- Mixed reviews on the cleanliness of the airport’s restrooms
- WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are only few benches and the terminal is said to be too cold. A sleeping bag is recommended.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Lusaka Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lusaka airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- IAPCO Club Lounge - Location: Airside. Hours: Hours vary according to international flight schedules (Daily).
WiFi is available at Lusaka Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Lusaka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Cresta Golfview - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request (via e-mail) for $18.00 USD each way.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Lusaka - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available upon request (email) for $30.00 USD each way.
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Lusaka Tower - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request ($).
- Chita Lodge - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Zebra Guest House - (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available for $35 USD.
- Intercontinental Lusaka - (25 minutes from the airport) Luxury hotel in the city center. Airport shuttle service for $25 USD, each way
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lusaka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Business Center - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.