Luxor Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Luxor Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I wouldn't let my dog lie on the floor let alone me.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Luxor International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with clean facilities and a good variety of shopping and dining options.
- Fast and efficient airport procedures, but security is tight, which can cause long lines. Bring bottled drinking water to guard against heat exhaustion!
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Luxor Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm details on the airport’s VIP lounge. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A reader tells us that Free WiFi is available at Luxor Airport. This has not been confirmed by the airport.
If sleeping at the Luxor Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport. The nearest hotels are 6km away:
- Mara House - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers are not available.
- Little Garden Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel ($).
- Venus Hotel - (18 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged by the hotel ($).
- Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa - (15 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle bus also runs to the city center.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Luxor Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Business Center - Yes
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There are Cafeterias and Restaurants
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours (unconfirmed, a reader advised us of this information).
Information not available
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.