Malabo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Malabo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
a Military officer told me my flight was cancelled due to warfare raging in the western parts and that I could run for the border or sleep here. - unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malabo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny but modernized single-terminal international airport with very limited shopping and dining options.
- Manual baggage search, as this airport is not equipped with x-ray
- High military and airport security presence.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Malabo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Kolibri Lounge - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, near Gate B4. Hours: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
WiFI is available at Malabo Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Malabo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Malabo - (3 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to/from the airport, downtown, and conference center.
- Mango Suites - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available, book with hotel 24 hours in advance.
- Ibis Malabo - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Malabo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 27 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.