Maputo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Maputo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The personnel is friendly though sleeping in the building might not be allowed
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maputo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A simple airport with basic facilities and two separate areas for domestic and international flights. Shopping and dining options are very limited.
- Friendly airport staff, but possible language barrier.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Maputo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Maputo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- CIP Premium Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, near Gate 3. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If sleeping in Maputo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Montebelo Indy Maputo Congress Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request for $10.00 USD each way.
- Hotel Atlantis Maputo - (15 min from the airport) Airport transport is available upon request. You must prebook as the driver requires a voucher with your flight details, 500,00MZN each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Maputo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
WiFi is available at Maputo Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
- Car Rentals - Avis and Hertz
- Food & Drinks - Yes
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.