Port Elizabeth Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Port Elizabeth Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Port Elizabeth Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal was renovated in the early 2000s to consolidate arrivals and departures in a bright, more modern facility. The airport connects to cities within South Africa.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located at or within short walking distance; airport shuttles may be available. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Port Elizabeth Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Port Elizabeth airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Bidvest Premier Lounge - Location: Domestic Departures Terminal, Airside, 1st Level. Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If sleeping in Port Elizabeth Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Road Lodge Port Elizabeth Airport Hotel - Located 150 meters from the airport terminal. No airport shuttle.
- 5 Third Ave Guest House - (10 min walk or 1 min drive from airport) Free airport shuttle between 8:00AM to 8:00PM.
- Treetops Guest House - (10 min walk or 1 min drive from the airport) Free airport shuttle available only if pre-arranged.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Port Elizabeth Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
Free WiFi is available at Port Elizabeth Airport for up to 4 hours or 1GB, whichever comes first. Connect to the “Airports@Vast” network. Registration requires an email address and contact number.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is no duty-free at Port Elizabeth. There is a central landside retail area with a few souvenir shops.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There is a landside café and restaurant.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 04 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.