Sharm-el-Sheikh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Sharm-el-Sheik Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Plenty of rest places (on the floor...). Just put a blanket and your backpack on the floor and sleep well. - Doc Roger
Airside Seating. Source: Andrew Bogdanovsky, Wikipedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sharm el-Sheikh International Airport.
What to Expect
- A midsize international airport with two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. A third terminal is currently under construction. A variety of pricey shops and restaurants are available.
- Filthy and unsanitary restrooms. Bring hand sanitizer and toilet paper!
- No designated smoking areas means smoky terminals and passengers smoking practically anywhere they wish inside the terminals.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Sharm El-Sheikh Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Sharm-el-Sheikh airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Pearl Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Pearl Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£24.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
If sleeping in Sharm El Sheikh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Logaina Sharm - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Tiran Island Hotel Sharm El Sheikh - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel ($).
- Hilton Sharks Bay Resort - (10 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available on request for $15.00 USD each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Sharm el Sheik Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
WiFi is available at Sharm-el-Sheikh Airport. Rates and access information is currently unknown.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - 24-hour ATMs are located throughout the airport.
- Currency Exchange - There are currency exchange offices and bank counters in Terminal 1.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe/restaurant.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A cloakroom is available in the Arrivals Area.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.