Tangier Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Tangier Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Staff is really friendly and even if you don't speak arabic, it's not a problem, as they do speak also english and french. - habiba
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Tangier Ibn Battouta Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and limited shopping and dining options.
- Plenty of power outlets for mobile charging.
- WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Tangier Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Convives de Marque Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside.
WiFi is available at Tanger Airport in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Tangier Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ibis Tangier Free Zone Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request, 150 MAD each way.
- Free Zone Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Tangier Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs - Barid Bank, Banque Populaire and BMCE Bank operate banking services out of the terminal 2 public hall.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – Available in the public hall of terminal 2 with the following companies: BMCE Bank, Banque Popularie, Barid Bank and Global Exchange.
- Disabled Services – Services include dedicated parking spaces, ramps and elevators.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Most shops are located airside in Terminal 2, but there is one handicraft store located airside in Terminal 2.
- Food & Drink - At the time of writing, no 24-hour options are available. There are two restaurant/cafes located landside in the public hall of terminal 2, and one in the airside area of terminal 2.
- Luggage Carts – Available.
- Mailbox – Barid Bank in the Public Hall of terminal 2 provides postal services.
The airport is open 24 hours. (according to a reviewer)
Car rentals are available from the public hall in terminal 2, through the following companies: Locasom • Starc Hertz • Marloc (Europcar) • Scal Avis • Dbilij Car • Air Car • France Car • E-Booking • Location Auto.
Taxis are available outside the airport 24 hours a day.
Last Updated: 07 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.