About This Airport:
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. - Soren
"I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. Sleep may well be unthinkable, as you are entombed in a metal box without A/C. What brilliant chap came up with the idea of putting a metal shed in the middle of the Kalahari and calling it an airport? If you enjoy a sauna, this is it. Terminal odors feature the fun smells of African underarm and crack stink. Run away to the secured gates where the swamp cooler works and taxi hawkers are far away. This airport is a bloody hour from anything, save sand and rock. You would be mad to sleep here."
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Oshoto Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Showers are available. Lounge Access: rate from 13NAD per person.
information not available
If sleeping in the Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport. There are a few hotels near the arport...
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm - 5 minutes from the airport
- Airport Lodge - 15 minutes from the airport
- Maison Ambre Guesthouse - transfers can be arranged
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - Yes
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Information not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Windhoek Travel Resources
- Windhoek Hotel Deals - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 31 Jan 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.