I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. - Soren
"I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. Sleep may well be unthinkable, as you are entombed in a metal box without A/C. What brilliant chap came up with the idea of putting a metal shed in the middle of the Kalahari and calling it an airport? If you enjoy a sauna, this is it. Terminal odors feature the fun smells of African underarm and crack stink. Run away to the secured gates where the swamp cooler works and taxi hawkers are far away. This airport is a bloody hour from anything, save sand and rock. You would be mad to sleep here."
Have you been to Windhoek Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Oshoto Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Showers are available. Lounge Access: 13NAD per person (at the door) or £20.00 per person (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
information not available
If sleeping in the Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport. There are a few hotels near the arport...
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm - 5 minutes from the airport
- Airport Lodge - 15 minutes from the airport
- Maison Ambre Guesthouse - transfers can be arranged
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page. If you post a question, remember to mention the airport or nobody will understand what you are asking about.
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Windhoek Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Windhoek Travel Resources
- Windhoek Hotel Deals - search for deals, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 24 April 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.