Read more about this airport
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. - Soren
"I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. Sleep may well be unthinkable, as you are entombed in a metal box without A/C. What brilliant chap came up with the idea of putting a metal shed in the middle of the Kalahari and calling it an airport? If you enjoy a sauna, this is it. Terminal odors feature the fun smells of African underarm and crack stink. Run away to the secured gates where the swamp cooler works and taxi hawkers are far away. This airport is a bloody hour from anything, save sand and rock. You would be mad to sleep here."
Have you been to Windhoek Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Windhoek airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Oshoto Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (13NAD) • Book Online (£20) • Priority Pass.
information not available
If sleeping in the Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at the airport. There are a few hotels near the arport...
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm - 5 minutes from the airport
- Airport Lodge - 15 minutes from the airport
- Maison Ambre Guesthouse - transfers can be arranged
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Children's Play Areas - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Windhoek Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Windhoek Travel Resources
- Tripadvisor - search for Windhoek hotel deals, check availability and read traveller reviews.
Last Updated: 24 April 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.