Windhoek Airport Guide
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. - Soren
February 2013 - The Oshoto Lounge (entry fee 13NAD) offers a relaxing area with free tiny appetizers, fruit, chips, coffee/tea and drinks/ liquor. Free unlimited and decent speed wifi. Single private shower in each restroom, however no towels appear to be provided. Nice decor with views of the tarmac and runway. There is a separate room for smokers.
Have you been to Windhoek Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Windhoek airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Oshoto Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (13NAD) • Book Online (£20) • Priority Pass.
WiFi is available at Windhoek Airport in the Oshoto Lounge.
If sleeping in Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Airport Jagd und Gastefarm - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfer available for N$ 100.00. Day room available for N$ 285.00.
- Airport Lodge - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for N$ 280.00 each way (up to 2 adults, 2 children) or N$ 300.00 each way (for 4 to 6 passengers).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Windhoek Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
- Showers - Available in the Oshoto Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.