Windhoek Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Windhoek Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I am very pleased to announce Windhoek's airport as being the hottest damned place I have ever been to. - Soren
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hosea Kutako Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean and quiet single-terminal international airport with a small variety of shops and restaurants
- WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night in this airport. Write a Review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s highly-recommended first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Windhoek Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Windhoek airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Oshoto Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (13NAD) • Book Online (£20) • Priority Pass
If sleeping in Windhoek Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Etango Ranch Guest Farm (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available.
- Airport Jagd und Gastefarm - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfer available for N$ 100.00. Day room available for N$ 285.00.
- Airport Lodge - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available upon request, starting at N$ 295.00 each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Windhoek Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
WiFi is available at Windhoek Airport in the Oshoto Lounge.
- Car Rentals - Yes.
- Food & Drinks - Yes
In November 2016, a reader sent us an email to tell us that the airport is open from approx. 5:00AM/5:30AM until 11:00PM.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 02 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.