Yaounde Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Yaounde Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
They continue to spoil the life of poor passengers without any sanction
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Yaounde International Airport.
What to Expect
- Small airport with limited facilities, but said to be "surprisingly modern and clean" by one reviewer.
- WiFI is available in the VIP Lounge. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- We have not received any reviews from travellers who attempted to sleep in this airport.
- There are no hotels at the airport nor nearby. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- If you have a Gold or higher Sky team or Star Alliance status, you will be given access to the VIP Lounge. See Airport Lounges below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Yaounde Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- AFAMBA VIP Lounge - A luxury salon exclusively reserved for the authorities, it welcomes the personalities whose list is published by the Civil Cabinet. Rate: 40,000 FCFA / passenger
- GOLD Lounge - Luxury lounge reserved for First Class passengers. Price: 15,000 FCFA / passenger.
- MEFOU Lounge - A lounge exclusively reserved for Business Class passengers. Price: 15,000 FCFA / passenger.
- ONGOLA Lounge - A spacious and comfortable lounge reserved for delegations and other passengers. Price: 10 000 FCFA / passenger.
WiFi is available at Yaounde Airport inside the VIP Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
If sleeping in Yaounde Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Tou ‘Ngou Hotel - (25 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available.
- Merina Hotel - (30 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available, call (+237) 699-890-220 to arrange.
- Hilton Yaounde - (30 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up for passengers of Air France, SN Brussels Airlines, and Kenya Airways flights between 8:00AM and 9:30PM daily. Passengers of all other airlines will be charged 10,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00AM to 6:00PM, and 25,000 FCFA for pick-up from 6:00PM to 6:00AM.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in Yaounde on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Baggage Trolley - Carts can be found in the esplanade and in the luggage delivery hall.
- Children's Play Areas - not available
- Currency Exchange - Available at the financial institutions in the public hall, landside.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cafe/restaurant.
- Information Desk - not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.