Ahmedabad Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ahmedabad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
i could not even find sim card to buy during my trip to india
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ahmedabad Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: the original T1, and the brand new T2 which opened in 2010.
- This airport connects to many Indian destinations with a few long-haul flights to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Seating is plentiful, and the air-conditioning keeps the terminal at a pleasant temperature.
- Dining options are very limited. Eat before you arrive at the airport, and have a snack or two on hand for later.
- Lines can be long for the airport’s limited number of toilets.
- Overhead announcements for flights can be confusing and misleading, causing passengers to miss flights or wait at the wrong gate.
- SIM cards are not available for purchase in the airport.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within walking distance that provide airport shuttle service; those farther away may charge for shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of two airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ahmedabad Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Ahmedabad airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Port Lounge - Location: International Departures Terminal, Landside. Hours: 4:00PM - 10:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£13.50 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Ahmedabad Airport for 30 minutes. For a 7 day pass, the rate is INR 100.
If sleeping in Ahmedabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel R.J. Residency - This is the closest hotel to the airport. Located within a comfortable walking distance. Hotel does not provide shuttle. Taxi is 70 to 90 rs each way.
- Hotel Airport Residency - Located within walking distance of the airport, but airport shuttle is also available.
- Pristine Residency Hotel - This hotel is located less than 1 mile from the airport. Free airport pick-up/drop-off on request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ahmedabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located along the approach road for the T1 Domestic Departures building.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available in T2.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in T2 Arrivals and Departures.
- Family Services - Baby Care Room in Domestic Terminal
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, it was unknown if there are any 24-hour food concessions in the airport. Coffee and Tea vending machines are available in Terminal 1 and 2.
- Information Desk – Yes, available in T1.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Luggage Trolleys - Yes, available for use, free of charge, in T1 and T2.
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available free of charge in T2 only.
- Massage Chairs - Pay-per-use massage chairs are available in T1 and T2.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available, free of charge, for passengers in T1 and T2.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, available free of charge in T1 and T2.
- Spa & Salon Services – O2 spa is available airside on the 1st floor of T1.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Available in the Arrivals Halls of the International and Domestic Terminals.
City bus routes available but offer limited service.
Pre-paid taxis available at the Arrivals Hall of the Domestic Terminal.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.