Astana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Astana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Astana Airport.
What to Expect
- A single-terminal airport divided into two sectors: International and Domestic.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Astana Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- CIP Lounge (Domestic) - Location: unknown. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: 2600 KZT per person
Free WiFi is available throughout Astana Airport. Connect to the “Kazakhtelecom” network.
If sleeping in Astana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Astana Transit Hotel - (Located on airport property) There are 16 rooms available in three types: Double room, Junior Suite, or Suite. Rates are from 14 400 KZT - 18 800 KZT per night, based on 24-hour stay.
- Ibis Astana - (23 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($)
- Red Village Hotel - (30 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service available ($)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Astana Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: 1st and 2nd Floors, landside.
- Baby Care Facilities - Changing table, cot, toys, comfortable seating and more, are available in the Mother-and-Baby Rooms. These rooms are available for use, free of charge, for mothers and their children, aged 5 years and under. Locations: Waiting area (landside) and airside in both the Domestic and International Departures.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: 1st and 2nd Floors, landside.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in International Departures, 24-hours a day. Souvenir shops are located landside on the 1st and 2nd floors.
- Food & Drinks - The airport’s only dining option is the Zhibek Zholy restaurant, located on the 2nd floor, landside.
- Luggage Packing - Fee: 1500 KZT per piece of luggage. Location: landside on both 1st and 2nd Floors. Hours: Available 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage storage is available for 680 KZT per piece, per calendar day. Maximum storage period is 6 months. Location: 1st Floor, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Eco Pharm. Location: 2nd Floor, landside. Hours: unknown.
- Post Office - KazPost offers mailing services and money orders. Location: 1st Floor, landside.
- Smoking Areas - Smoking is allowed in designated Smoking Rooms, located in both the Domestic and International Departures areas.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Public buses nos. 10 and 12 connect regularly to/from airport and the city center. For schedules, bus stops, hours, and approximate fare, visit http://en.astanaairport.kz/passengers/get-to-out-airport/bus-schedule/.
Taxis are available 24-hours from the Arrivals Hall. Approximate fares are posted, and a dispatcher coordinates you and the taxi driver.
Last Updated: 07 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.