Bacolod Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bacolad Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
you can sleep in the couch no one will bother you while waiting for your flight.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bacolod–Silay International Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern single-terminal airport with three floors and limited shopping and dining options. If you find the airport’s food concessions pricey, there are a few food stalls located near the airport gates. Food options are said to be good, but limited.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- The pre-departure area is crowded, unmanned, and reminiscent of a ferry terminal.
- Mosquitoes are abuzz in the the terminal, so wear mosquito repellent to keep them at bay!
Where to Sleep
- The pre-departures area is not ideal for an overnight stay. Although no specific sleeping spot was recommended, reviewers who spent the night at this airport had an uneventful stay. There are unpadded, but armrest-free benches available to lay across.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bacolod Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- PAL Mabuhay Lounge
Free WiFi is provided at Bacolod Airport. (submitted by a reader)
If sleeping in Bacolod Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels at or near the airport. The nearest hotels are a 15-30 minute drive away:
- Richmond Inn - Located less than 1 mile from the airport. Airport transfer available
- Winbelle Pension - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee, call +63 (34) 495-5898 to book.
- Nature’s Village Resort Hotel & Restaurant - (15 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request for 600 pesos, for up to 4 people, each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bacolod Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Facilities - A baby care room is available for the care and breastfeeding of babies. Location: unknown.
- Children’s Play Area - A play area is available, next to the baby care room.
- Observation Deck - Located on the 3rd Floor. Hours: Not known.
The airport is open 4:00AM to 11:00PM (submitted by a reader).
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
A cheaper alternative to taxis, shared ride vans run between between the airport and SM City Bacolod, Bacolod Provincial Hospital, Old Bacolod Airport, or Victoria Arcade/Lopue's East/SaveMore Supermarket. At the time of this update, the typical fare for a single ride for one person is ₱100 - 150.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.