Bagdogra Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bagdogra Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport gets around 12-14 flights a day and it cannot cope at all if there are boarding/arrival of three aircrafts at one time. - a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bagdogra Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with filthy restrooms and limited shopping and dining options.
- According to one reviewer, the airport seems incapable of handling the amount of passenger traffic that it gets.
- Flight display boards are often non-functioning.
- Disorganized and inefficient boarding procedures and chaotic baggage claim.
- Aggressive taxi touts and beggars can be found at the Arrivals exit.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bagdogra Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
WiFi is provided at the business centre. Rates are not known.
If sleeping in Bagdogra Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Orbit Hotel Bagdogra - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Marina’s Motel - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon prior request, rs 200 each way.
- Barsana Hotel & Resort - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. The will arrange a taxi pick-up upon request for 690 each way.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bagdogra Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Baggage Carts - Yes, available free of charge.
- Child Care Room - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Not available.
- Food & Drinks - There are snacks and coffee available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. Prepaid taxis are available for hire from the Prepaid Taxi booth in the Arrivals Hall.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.