Balikpapan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Balikpapan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Balikpapan Airport.
What to Expect
- The current terminal opened in 2014, with connections across Indonesia and Southeast Asia. The original terminal is still situated on airport grounds, but only services charter flights.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, hotels are located near the airport. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Balikpapan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- BlueSky Premier Lounge - Location: Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 10. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Garuda Executive Lounge - Location: International terminal. Hours:unknown. Lounge Access. Day Pass
Free WiFi is available at Sultan Aji Muhammad Airport
If sleeping in Balikpapan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Sepinggan - (6 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers are provided by the hotel.
- Hakaya Plaza Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Airport pick-up is available, simply call the hotel (0542-757-8888) when you arrive at the airport and the driver will pick you up. Day rates are available. Reservations are not accepted. Rates are 1 hour for IDR 175.000,3 hours for IDR 290.000 or 6 hours for IDR 370.000.
- Zurich Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) Pick-up service from airport or harbor can be arranged for IDR 60,000 one-way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Balikpapan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Yes
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in the International hall. A wide variety of retail and gift shops are located throughout the landside and airside areas of the airport.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. 24-hour dining options are available.
- Information Desk – Yes
- Luggage Carts - Yes
- Massage - Massage and reflexology service is available airside.
- Smoking Area - Yes, available airside in both Domestic and International halls.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Fixed-rate taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.