Banda Aceh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Banda Aceh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Banda Aceh Airport.
What to Expect
- After severe damage from the December 2004 tsunami, the airport was renovated and expanded. The current terminal opened in 2009, with connections to several Southeast Asian destinations and the Middle East.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 20 minutes of the airport, though only some provide free airport transfers. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Banda Aceh Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Gayo Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:00PM.
WiFi is available at Banda Aceh Airport the departure lounges of the Domestic and International terminals.
If sleeping in Banda Aceh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Permatahati Hotel & Convention Center - (15 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers.
- Hermes Palace Hotel - (20 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Oasis Atjeh Hotel- (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Banda Aceh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are 6 ATM machines available.
- Baby Care Facilities - A Mother and Child Room is available. Location: unknown.
- Children’s Play Area - Yes. There is a play area in the departures area of the Domestic and International terminals.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Location: Departures areas of the Domestic and International terminals.
- Prayer Rooms - There are 5 prayer rooms available (both landside and airside).
- Rest Zones - Comfortable recliners are available in “rest rooms”, located in the Domestic And International Departures areas.
- Shopping - There are 2 souvenir shops located in the airport.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
DAMRI buses offer direct service between the airport and a designated stop in the city center (Grand Mosque area). Buses depart minutes after each flight lands, so don’t dawdle! To catch one, walk out and to the left of the airport exit, past the taxis. At the time of this update, the cost of a one-way ticket is Rp. 15,000 per person. Hours: unknown.
Several car rental agencies offer services onsite at the airport.
Travel like a local, and hire a “becak” (motorbike taxi) from the ground transportation area of the airport. A good option for budget-minded adventurers who are traveling light!
Fixed-rate taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.