Brunei Bandar Seri Begawan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Brunei Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
this is the best airport I've ever stayed in . . . too clean and too big for such a little country
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Brunei International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with one main passenger terminal that always seems to be undergoing renovations.
- Long, slow lines at food concessions and shortage of seating during peak travel times.
- Shopping and dining options are limited and very expensive. Have local currency on you, as one recent reviewer reported that the only cafe open only accepted local currency and the exchange rate is very high at the airport.
- Squat toilets, with mixed reviews on cleanliness.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Other than the sometimes spotty WiFi, there’s not much else to do at the airport, so bring a book or a few magazines to pass the time.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bandar Seri Begawan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm if the airport has any lounges that economy class passengers can pay to use. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free WiFi is available at Brunei Airport in the lounge, restaurants and cafe. It is available elsewhere for a fee.
- Internet Cafe offers internet enabled workstations for a fee.
If sleeping in Brunei Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Orchid Garden Hotel - (5 minutes from airport) Free airport transfer service is available upon prior request.
- Times Hotel - (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfer is available upon prior request.
If you are in transit, there is hotel located on the ground floor of the Departure Hall, Airside. You do not need to go through immigration. Day rooms are available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bandar Seri Begawan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Departure Hall, close to the excess luggage counter
- Car Rentals - Hertz. Location: Arrivals Hall.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Departure Hall Hours: open 24 hours
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants and a bar. Locations are unknown.
- Parent's Room
- Information Desk - The Information and Customer Service counters are located in the departures lobby.
- Prayer Room - Location: Departure Hall, on the ground floor
- Showers - According to a review in 2001, there are free showers. Unfortunately, we do not have additional details.
- Smoking - There are smoking areas in the Departure Hall.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Purple-colored city buses serve the airport from the end of the car park. When exiting the airport, make a right and walk down the covered walkway all the way to the end of the car park. At the time of this update, bus fare between the airport and city center is B$2 per person.
Metered taxis are available for hire, 24 hours a day, in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this update, a one-way trip between the airport and city center take 20 minutes and costs about B$25.
Last Updated: 11 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.