Bangkok Don Muang Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bangkok Don Muang Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
it does get crowded, so good places for sleeping are soon snapped up.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Bangkok Don Muang Airport.
What to Expect
- This is the smaller of two Bangkok airports, and houses primarily low-cost regional carriers.
- The terminals are described as old, simple buildings that were renovated recently.
- There are two terminals: T1 for international flights, and T2 for domestic flights.
- It seems there are some cafes open 24-hours, both Airside and Landside.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is busy airport with overnight travellers, so it can get really crowded on some nights.
- Plenty of security and overnight cleaners - travellers report it can be disruptive, but they feel safe and aren’t bothered by the airport staff.
- The departures floor has plenty of chairs and comfortable floor space. Fills up quickly.
- Head to the Observation Deck above the departures floor for a darker space - still plenty of travellers here too.
- Come prepared for noise and cold temperatures.
- Travellers have had no issues moving furniture around for makeshift beds.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep boxes and a hotel connected to the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bangkok Don Muang Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Bangkok Don Muang airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Domestic Departures, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: International Arrivals.
Free WiFi is available at Bangkok Don Muang Airport to a maximum of 2 hours. Connect to the “@ AirportTrueFreeWiFi”network.
Pro TIp: A reviewer says that the 2-hour free WiFi can be renewed every 2 hours by entering different details at registration for each session.
If sleeping in Bangkok Don Muang Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sleep Box - Location: Terminal 2, 4th Floor. Each room 15 sq. meter room can accommodate up to 2 people and offers TV, free WiFi, free drinking water, private washroom and access to Sleep Box’s Lounge & Coffee Bar. Rates for one guest: 1,000 Baht for up to 3 hours (includes free food voucher) and 200 Baht for each subsequent hour. Additional guest is 300 Baht. Overnight guests can stay from 3:00PM - 6:00AM for 1,800 Baht, including free food voucher!
- Amari Don Muang Airport Hotel - This is the only hotel connected to the airport by (air-conditioned) walkway. Walking distance from airport to hotel is 5 minutes, or one-way airport transfers are provided by the hotel for 200 baht (must be pre-arranged). Day rooms are available for use from 8:00AM to 6:00PM for THB 1,060. Guests can use the fitness area and swimming pool free of charge.
- Take a Rest Don Mueang Residence - (5 min from airport) - No airport shuttle.
- Montri Resort and Spa - (5 min from airport) - No airport shuttle.
- Don Mueang Airport Modern Bangkok Hotel - (20 min from airport) Free one-way taxi transfer TO the airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bangkok Don Muang Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - ATMs are available in the Departures and Arrivals lounges of Terminal 1.
- Banking - Krungthai Bank and Bangkok Bank offer full-service banking at the airport. Location: 1st floor, outside of Terminal 1, on the north side near the airport’s medical clinic. Hours: 8:30AM - 3:30PM Mon-Fri (Krungthai is open until 4:00PM).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Areas - Locations: Airside, Domestic Departures, FL3 and International Departures, FL3.
- Currency Exchange – Krungthai Bank, Bangkok Bank and TMB Bank offer foreign currency exchange in the Departures and Arrivals lounges of Terminal 1.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available on the 3rd floor of International Departures. A wide variety of retail shops are located both landside and airside.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Public Zone FL 4: The Noodle Shop
- Public Zone (Arrivals) FL 1: Taurus Coffee by Taurus • Doi Chaang Coffee by D-Healthy
- Domestic (Departures) FL 3: Coffee & More Sweets, snacks and convenience items can also be purchased from one of several 24-hour mini-markets, located in Public Zone FL 3 (Departures) and Domestic Departures FL 3.
- Information Desk – In Terminal 1, an Information Desk can be found in both Departures and Arrivals areas. In Terminal 2, six Information Desks are available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage can be stored up to 4 months in the airport’s luggage storage facility. At the time of this update, the rates are 75 Baht per bag, if stored for less than 24 hours, and 38 Baht for up to 12 hours after or every 12 hours after. Payment is due upon retrieval of luggage. Location: Terminal 2, landside, 2nd floor.
- Medical Services - The fully-staffed Medical Center Clinic offers urgent and emergency medical care. Location: 1st floor, north of Terminal 1. Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Observation Deck - Relax and watch planes taking off and landing from the observation deck. Location: Terminal 1, take escalator to the 4th Floor, follow signs to the Silom Village Restaurant and you will see the signs to enter Observation Deck.
- Pharmacy - Boots Pharmacy has 2 locations • Airside, Domestic Departures, FL3 (Hours 5:00AM - 9:00PM) and International Departures, FL3 (Hours 4:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Post Office - Postage, money orders, a public phone for international calls, and a variety of other services are available. Location: North of Terminal 1, in the 3rd floor Departures lounge Hours: Daily from 8:00AM - 7:00PM (open until 3:00PM on holidays).
- Prayer Rooms – A Muslim prayer room is located on Departure Level 3, Domestic Zone. Hours: Not known.
- Rejuvenate - Visit the Amaxs Health Focus area to enjoy a massage chair or try one of the exercise machines on display. Location: Landside, Departures FL3
- Rest Zones – not available
- Showers – Available at Sleep Box Hotel for 300 Baht.
- Smoking Zones - Six smoking areas are available: Arrivals zone 3, Pier 2, Domestic Arrivals, Gate15. Departure zone 3 = Pier 2 ( A ), North Gate14, Bus Departures Gate.
- Spa Services - Orchid Spa provides foot massages for tired travellers, hair salon services are also available. Location: Landside, FL4. Hours 7:00AM - 7:00PM daily.
The airport is open 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt • Thai Rent a Car.
- Taxis - Located in front of the Arrivals Halls of international and domestic terminals.
Last Updated: 19 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.