Batam Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Batam Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Batam Airport.
What to Expect
- The small, single terminal connects to destinations across Southeast Asia and provides hajj-season flights to Jeddah.
- A second terminal seems to be under construction directly adjacent to the current terminal.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are several hotels near the airport; most provide an airport shuttle for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Batam Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- El John Executive Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, in front of Gate 4. Hours: 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
WiFi is available at Hang Nadim Airport. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm if a fee is charged for this service.
If sleeping in Hang Nadim Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Harris Hotel Batam Center - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfer service is available for IDR 150.000 each way, upon prior request (recommended at least 24 hours notice).
- Kaliban Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Reviews are mixed on this new boutique hotel, but it’s one of the closest hotels to the airport. Airport shuttle service is available for a fee.
- Crown Vista Hotel - (21 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request, IDR 100.000 each way. Hotel also provides a free shuttle to 3 local shopping malls.
- Greenland Hotel - (19 min from the airport) Free airport transfers available (one-way).
- Batam Backpacker Guest House - (19 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available for a fee.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Batam Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with a variety of souvenir and gift shops.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. Some taxis have meters, but the majority do not, and you can haggle a price before you begin your journey. For safety reasons, accept rides only from licensed taxis displaying a yellow license plate.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.