Batumi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Batumi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Batumi Airport.
What to Expect
- This small, brand new terminal opened in 2007 and connects to mostly seasonal destinations across Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Central Asia.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, though only one provides free airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Batumi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Batumi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (i.e. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Primeclass Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, Departures Level. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€30) • Book Online (US$ 31)
WiFi is available at Batumi Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Batumi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Kakhaberi Street Hotel- Located less than 1 mile from the airport. No airport shuttle is available.
- Hotel Eurasia - Located less than 2 miles from the airport, free airport shuttle is available upon request.
- Royal Hotel - Located less than 2 miles from the airport. No airport shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Batumi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange – Provided at the Bank Republic and Bank of Georgia, both located in the Departures Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Souvenir shop.
- Food & Drink - There are two 24-hour options in Batumi airport.
» Airside: Café Batumi and Istanbul Café, both located in the departure lounge.
- Information Desk – 24-hour information desk located in the center of the terminal.
- Luggage Carts - Free trolleys in the baggage claim area.
- Luggage Wrapping – Available in the Departures Hall.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the Medical Center. Location: Departures Hall on the ground floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – 24-hour medical center in the Departures Hall
- Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available, along with an airport gift shop selling traditional Georgian gifts and souvenirs. Location: Departures Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Smoking Area – Designated areas located in terminals and private lounge
The airport is open 24 hours.
Bus line 10 runs between the airport and city center in a 20-minute journey. A single-ride ticket costs 0.40 Gel. The bus stops right in front of the airport terminal.
All rentals organized by Travel House Rent a Car, located in the Departures Hall.
Metered taxis are readily available at the terminal exit. A trip between the airport and city center takes about 15 minutes.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.