Bishkek Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Bishkek Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It's quiet in the night time, personnel and security people were there all the time - no homeless or drug addicts. - kiterunner
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Manas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small international airport with clean facilities, very limited shopping and a 24-hour self-service cafe.
- A majority of flights to Europe leave very early in the morning, so the busiest time at this airport is at night.
- Check-in lines can be long and slow during this time. There are only two departure gates, but getting to the right one can be confusing because when the airport is crowded, the lines for passport control get mixed up with those waiting to check in.
- Possible language barrier. Arrive at the airport early enough to allow yourself time to figure out how to get to your gate!
- Currency exchange rates are high at this airport, so try to change your money in town.
- Power outlets for mobile charging are available.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of armrest-free seats available in the main hall near the terminal entrance, but according to most reviewers, you may not get much sleep, as night time and very early morning are the busiest times at the airport. Otherwise, the airport is a safe and hassle-free place to sleep.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels approx. 45 minutes from the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Bishkek Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Manas Airport VIP Lounge - Location: unknown. Hours: unknown. Rates: €76,00 (International Flights) or €26,75 (Domestic Flights).
Free WiFi is available at Manas Airport. If you have difficulty connecting, there is a cafe next to the main exit that offers free WiFi with purchase.
If sleeping in Manas International Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards Bishkek city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Southside Guest House - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel ($).
- Onyx Hotel - (45 min from the airport) Free one-way airport transfer when booking for more than 3 days, otherwise contact the hotel and they will arrange service for $10.00USD each way.
- Golden Dragon Hotel - (45 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bishkek Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Baby Care Facilities - A Mother and Child Room is available. Location and hours: unknown.
- Currency Exchange - There are currency exchange offices located on the first and second floors in the eastern and western wings.
- Food & Drinks - A cafe is available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes. Information not available
- Pharmacy - Yes
- Post Office - Yes. According to a recent reviewer (2016), the hours are from 7:00AM - 5:00PM.
- Prayer Rooms - Yes
- Showers - not available
- Luggage Wrapping - Yes, available landside in Departures.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport, and will either charge a pre-negotiated rate or run the meter for you. Taxis can also be booked and prepaid in advance.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.