Busan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Busan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The airport is close at night, we had to stay at the hotel at sasang.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gimhae International Airport.
What to Expect
- A bright and modern international airport with two terminals (Domestic and International) and a variety of shops and restaurants
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are currently not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Busan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- KAL Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:30PM (Daily).
- Paid Waiting Room - Location: Domestic Terminal, 2nd floor General Waiting Room. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (55,000 Won per 5 people).
- Paid Waiting Room - Location: Domestic Terminal, 1st floor Arrivals Waiting Room. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (55,000 Won per 5 people).
- KAL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 4. Hours: 5:40AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
- Asiana Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - to last scheduled flight departure (approx. 8:00PM).
- Sky Hub Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor, between Gates 9 and 10. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Paid Waiting Room - Location: International Terminal, 2nd floor General Waiting Room. Hours: Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (77,000 Won per 5 people).
Free WiFi is available at Busan Gimhae Airport. For those without mobile devices, internet terminals are available for use, free of charge, in the Busan Bank internet lounge on 3F in the International Terminal.
If sleeping in Busan Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Located at the boundary of the Gimhae International Airport, this is the closest hotel to the airport. Free airport transfers are available, call 051-831-0606 to arrange.
- Hotel Paragon - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle, but the hotel is located near the Gimhae Airport light rail subway line (just 1 stop from airport).
- Hotel Lazzi- (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Renaissance Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Busan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - An airport art hall is located in the center of 3F, Domestic Terminal.
- Baby Care Facilities - Nursery locations: Domestic Terminal, 2F • International Terminal, 2F • International Terminal, 3F.
- Banking - Korea Exchange Bank and Busan Bank. Location: International Terminal, 1F (Arrivals and Departures) • Domestic Terminal, 1F (Korea Exchange Bank) • Domestic Terminal, 2F (Busan Bank).
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Changing Room - Location: International Terminal, 1F.
- Currency Exchange - Busan Bank and Korea Exchange Bank. Location: International Terminal Departures, airside, 2F.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal, airside, 2F. A variety of retail shops are available on 1F and 2F in both International and Domestic terminals.
- Food & Drinks - A wide variety of food concessions operate throughout the airport on varying schedules. At the time of this update, there were not 24-hour options.
- Garden - Take a stroll in the outdoor garden. Location: Domestic Terminal, 3F.
- Information Desk -Locations: International Terminal 1F and 2F • Domestic Terminal 1F
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - CJ Korea Express Baggage Storage charges 5,000 - 10,000 KRW per piece of luggage, per 24-hour period. Two locations: International Terminal, 2F (Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM) • Domestic Terminal, 2F (Hours: 8:30AM - 8:30PM).
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care are available at Gimhae International Airport Clinic / Paik Hospital. Location: Domestic Terminal, 1F.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, available free of charge in both terminals.
- Pharmacy - Hana Pharmacy. Two locations: International Terminal, 2nd Floor • Domestic Terminal, 2F.
- Post Office - Location: International Terminal, 1F.
- Showers - not available
According to their website “The airport closes from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. next morning, all the passengers are not allowed to stay in the airport terminal”.
Although not the most convenient, local city buses are one of the cheapest ways to travel between the airport and city center, with a ticket cost of around ₩1,000. Head to the Information Desk in International Arrivals for assistance in finding the bus that you need. A pricier, but comfortable and more convenient option, are airport limousine buses, which link the airport with various points in the city and Haeundae. Buses depart the International and Domestic terminals every 20 - 30 minutes, with ticket prices starting at ₩6,000. Tickets are sold on the bus or at the bus office in the Domestic Terminal.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in the Domestic Terminal, 1st Floor: Kumho Rent-A-Car • Samsung Rent-A-Car • Tongil Ro Rent-A-Car. Jeju Rent-A-Car is located on the 2nd Floor of the Domestic Terminal.
The Busan Gimhae Light Rail connects the airport to Metro lines 2 and 3. A ride between the airport and city center takes about 60 minutes, and to/from Haeundae is about 90 minutes.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport. At the time of this update, a ride in a “regular” taxi during daytime hours costs about ₩18,000 to/from the city center (Seomyeon), and around ₩25,000 to/from Haeundae. For almost double the cost, “deluxe” taxis are also available.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.