Cagayan de Oro Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Cagayan de Oro Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
no toilet outside the airport.... the toilet inside is very horrible. its an airport from world war 2
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Laguindingan Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with very limited amenities. We hear that the restrooms inside the terminal are horrible. Thankfully, we are not sure of the details as to what is wrong with the restrooms, but bring hand sanitizer just in case!
Where to Sleep
- It is not possible to sleep in this airport overnight as it is not open 24 hours.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Cagayan de Oro Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
WiFi is available at Cagayan de Oro Airport. In an October 2016 message, a reader tells us the service is free until November. After that time, we do not know if it will continue to be free or if there will be a fee.
If sleeping in Cagayan de Oro Airport does not appeal to you, it is best to head back towards the city center, as there are no hotels near the airport. Here are some hotel suggestions based on Tripadvisor reviews:
- Apple Tree Resort & Hotel- (20 min from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($).
- N Hotel - (45 min from the airport) Airport transfers available ($).
- Red Planet Cagayan de Oro - (1 hr from the airport) No airport shuttle however the hotel suggests using Lax Shuttle for service (0917 710 1529) or head to their booth outside the airport, 200 pesos each way.
- The Pacifico Boutique Hotel - (1 hr from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request (call 0917.864. 4099), P1, 500.00 each way.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cagayan de Oro Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is one ATM at the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Shopping - A small variety of shops are available.
IThe airport is open approx. 4:00AM - 11:00PM. (submitted by a reader)
Metered taxis, jeepneys, and motorelas (an auto-rickshaw type of vehicle) are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 27 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.