Changsha Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Changsha Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Changsha Airport.
What to Expect
- One large, brand new terminal is currently in use. T2 opened in 2011, and is very efficiently designed; Entrances 1-3 is for domestic flights, and Entrance 4 services International, Taiwan, and Hong Kong and Macau flights. T1 closed for renovations after T2 opened, though it may reopen soon to handle growing passenger volume.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of many airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Changsha Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- No.10 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.2 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.3 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.4 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.5 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.8 First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - 10:30PM.
- No.9 First Class Lounge- Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.6 First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
- No.7 First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 6:30AM - last flight.
WiFi is available at Changsha Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
If sleeping in Changsha Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Rado Hotel - Reviews are mixed, but this rustic hostel is located next to the airport.
- Ruifeng Hotel - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Huagang International Hotel - (14 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Changsha Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - The airport’s 4 ATMs can be found at either end of the Departures or Arrivals Halls.
- Baby Care Facilities - Change and feed your baby in privacy and comfort in one of the airport’s nurseries. There are twelve of them, and you can find them in these locations: either end of the Departures Hall • Sections A, B, and C of the Departures Hall • outer Domestic Arrivals Hall • either end of the inner Domestic Arrivals Hall • International Arrivals Hall • in the sections of the Remote Boarding Gates.
- Baggage Carts - Yes, available in 6 locations and free of charge.
- Children’s Play Area - Slides, swings, climbing equipment, playhouse, and more are available in a large and colorful indoor playground. Location: unknown.
- Dressing Room - Three dressing rooms can be found at on either end of the Domestic Arrivals Hall and in the International Arrivals hall.
- Drinking Water - Nineteen hot / cold drinking water dispensers are available for your use throughout the airport terminal in these locations: either end of the Departures Hall • Sections A, B, and C of the Departures Hall • Arrivals Hall • International Hall • Arrivals Hall mezzanine.
- Duty Free & Shopping - China Duty Free offers duty-free shopping in the terminal. A small variety of retail and gift shops is also available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - Yes • West of the check-in counters section A, B, C & D • Quarantined Zone Section B of the Departures Hall in T2.
- Luggage Packing Counter - A luggage packing service is available for 5 - 10 RMB per bag, depending on size. Location: T2, landside, 2nd floor in front of the Check-In counters of Sections B and C in the Departures Hall.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - A luggage storage room is located in the Departures Hall, Section C. Only one bag permitted per traveller, and the fee is 5 - 10 RMB per piece, depending on size and weight. Double charges apply if overnight storage is required. Location: T2, landside, 2nd Floor, at the entrance of the north gate of the Departures Hall.
- Medical Services - Available at 3 locations • Section A, Departures Hall • Remote Boarding Gate, Section C, Departures Hall • Behind the No.3 luggage carousel, Arrivals Hall.
- Spa & Salon Services - Zhihua Leisure Club offers massages, pedicures, and more on Level B1.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Airport coaches offer convenient, scheduled service between the airport and downtown Changsha.
Maglev offers scenic views, although often in a blur, as trains travel with record speed between the airport and South Railway Station, with a stop along the way. Connection to Metro LIne 2 available at South Railway Station.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, but this is an expensive and notoriously unsafe method of travel to and from the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.