Chengdu Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chengdu Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Although it's called an international airport, it really doesn't strike me as such
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large, bright and modern international airport with two terminals (Terminals 1 and 2), and a wide variety of shops and restaurants, with some open very late.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. The terminal is open 24 hours, but reviews are mixed on whether sleeping is permitted inside the terminal, as some reviewers report that airport security gave a very stern warning to airport sleepers. One reviewer reported seeing people laying across chairs inside the terminal, but all other reviewers cite the availability of cheap local hotels as a reason not to bother sleeping at this airport. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chengdu Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Pier C, next to Gate 125. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Showers are available.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Pier A, next to Gate 101. Hours: open 24 hours. Showers are available.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, next to Gate 143. Hours: open 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Showers are available.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Pier G, next to Gate 172. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Showers are available.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, next to Gate 155. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Showers are available.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, next to Gate 169. Hours: 6:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Showers are available.
WiFI is available at Chendgu Airport inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
If sleeping in Chengdu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Chengdu Airport Hotel - Located opposite Terminal 1. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the airport, but you have to cross a main road. The hotel has a free airport shuttle, but you must call the hotel for pick up, and unless you have a lot of luggage, it may be quicker to walk to the hotel.
- Chengdu Airport Express Hotel - Located east of Terminal 2, the hotel is an 8 minute walk from the airport. Free airport shuttle is available for pick up (on request) if you need it.
- Civil Aviation Julong Airport Hotel - Located 500m from Terminals 1 & 2, the hotel is an 8 minute walk from the airport. Free airport shuttle is available for pick up (on request) if you need it.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chengdu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: In Terminal 1, ATMs can be found in the Check-in area of the Departure Hall. While in Terminal 2, they can found in the Check-in and Arrivals Halls.
- Baggage Carts - available free of charge.
- Business Center - Location: Terminal 2, 4F
- Children's Play Area - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3F, between Pier D/E and E/F
- Currency Exchange - Locations: Terminal 1, Travelex Currency Exchange in the International Departures Hall and ICE Currency Exchange in the International and Domestic Arrival Halls. Terminal 2, Bank of China in Check-in area H and J in the Domestic Departures Hall and ICE Currency Exchange in the south end of the Check-in Hall.
- Drinking Water - There are many locations around Terminals 1 and 2 (before and after security) where you can get drinking water.
- Food & Drinks - There are a variety of restaurants available both airside and landside however it is not known if any are open 24 hours. There are vending machines available.
- Information Desk - Yes. Location: Terminal 1, Check-in Hall, Corridor B and C • Terminal 2, Check-in Hall, near Gate 11. Hours: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Locations: Terminal 1, Departures Hall, between Gate 6 and 7 (Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM) • Terminal 2, behind check-in counter N, P (Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM).
- Medical Services - Available in Terminal 1 at the entrances of Corridor A and C and in Terminal 2 on the 1st floor of Corridor G , and the 3rd floor of Corridor D and F.
- Mobile Charging - Yes
- Prayer Room - Located beside Gate 104. Hours: Not known.
- Smoking - A smoking room is available. Location: Terminal 1, 2F Departures, Airside, Pier B and Pier C • Terminal 2, 3F, Pier D, E and between Piers F/G.
- Showers - Showers are available in the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Video Room - Location: Terminal 2, 4F
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Shuttle Buses - There are 4 shuttle bus routes that serve areas of Chengdu. Departure Points: Gate #3 (T1, 1st floor) & Gate #5 (T2, 1st floor).
- Bus # 1: Minshan Hotel - Chengdu Airport. From Minshan Hotel: 6:00AM (first bus) - 10:00PM (last bus). From Chengdu Airport: 6:30AM (first bus) - last flight (last bus).
- Bus # 2: North Railway Station - Chengdu Airport. Hours: 6:30AM - 8:00PM.
- Bus # 3: East Railway Station - Chengdu Airport. Hours: 7:00AM - 7:00PM.
- Bus # 4: South of the new Convention & Exhibition Center - Chengdu Airport. Hours: 6:30AM - 7:00PM.
- Intercity Buses - Bus routes that service areas outside of Chengdu can be accessed on inter-city buses that depart between Terminals 1 and 2.
- Inter-Terminal Shuttle - Chengdu Airport operates a shuttle bus to transport passengers between Terminal 1 and 2. Fares: 10 yuan. Children under 1.2m, pregnant, disabled or elderly passengers over age 70 travel free of charge. Shuttle Hours: 90 minutes before the first flight departure - the last departure.
- Taxis - At Terminal 1, the taxis are located outside Gate 2 near the Arrivals Hall. While at Terminal 2, you can find the taxis at Gates 4 and 5 near the Arrivals Hall.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.