Chiang Mai Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Chiang Mai Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Chiang Mai Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two small, connecting terminals: one for domestic flights and one for international destinations.
- Some areas were renovated in 2014.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide an airport shuttle. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Chiang Mai Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Chiang Mai airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Coral Executive Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required) • Priority Pass.
Free WiFi is available at Chiang Mai Airports for two hours. Connect to the “@ AirportTrueFreeWiFi” Network.
If sleeping in Chiang Mai Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Resident - (5 min from the airport) This hotel has two buildings: AR1 has cheaper, smaller rooms. AR2 is newer, with larger rooms. Free airport shuttle available (to the airport) on the following scheduled times 8:00AM, 9:00AM, 3:00PM, 6:00PM and 10:00PM.
- Hotel Noble Place - (5 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is not available.
- TL Residence - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle. TL Residence can be reached on foot in 12 minutes if you are traveling light.
- B2 Thippanate Boutique & Budget Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- B2 Airport Boutique & Budget Hotel - (5 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chiang Mai Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available at various locations throughout the airport.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available, counters are opposite the international arrival lounge.
- Duty Free & Shopping - King Power Duty Free offers duty-free shopping in International Departures (Floor 2) from 6:00AM - 12:00AM. An assortment of convenience stores, gift shops, clothing stores, and more are found throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops available. The following are open 24 hours. Black Canyon Coffee (International Departure FL2) • Dairy Queen (International Arrival FL1 • 94 Coffee (International Arrival FL1)
- Information Desk - Yes, 2 locations available, both are located on the 1st Floor of the Domestic Arrivals.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Kai Sun (Thailand) Co. provides service on the 1st Floor, rate is 200 baht per day for a locker.
- Medical Services - Head to the First Aid located on the 2nd floor. Hours 8:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, 4 locations. Domestic Terminal, 1st Floor Hall, Check Point tickets, and Departure Hall • International Terminal, Departure Hall
- Prayer Room - Muslim Prayer Room - Location: 2nd Floor towards the International Departures (near Burger King). Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM. No overnight sleeping allowed.
- Smoking - Permitted in the smoking room, 2nd floor, international departures, next to Black Canyon Coffee.
- Spa - There are 3 locations to choose from. Sauna and Spa (2 locations in International Arrival FL1). Hours: 24 hours • Lanna Massage (International Departure FL2) Hours: 8:30AM - 12:00AM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Buses 4 and 9 link the airport to the city center. The bus stop is located about 100m to the left of the airport terminal. This is not the most comfortable or reliable way to travel to and from the airport, but it’s the cheapest.
“Songthaews” offer shared transportation along a fixed route. This is not the safest method of travel, but a popular mode of travel among locals and an economical way to travel between the airport and town if you’re traveling with others.
A variety of metered taxis, fixed-rate “airport” taxis, pedicabs, and “tuk-tuks” are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.