Colombo Ratmalana Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Colombo Ratmalana Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Colombo Ratmalana Airport.
What to Expect
- A large international airport with clean facilities, friendly staff and two separate terminals for domestic and international flights. A new terminal, for international flights, under currently construction. A small variety of pricey shops and restaurants are available, but most are open 24 hours.
- The Left Luggage department is almost always full to capacity and may not accept your luggage for storage.
- TONS of mosquitoes outside of the terminal. Some of them make their way inside. Dengue fever and malaria are contractible here, so make sure to wear mosquito repellent!
- WiFi is available. See our WiFi section below for details.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
WiFi and Internet access is available at Colombo Ratmalana Airport in designated areas.
If sleeping in Colombo Ratmalana Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Tropic Inn Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Palm Beach Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available ($)
- Rivi Ras Hotel - (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Colombo on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
The airport is open from 12:30AM - 12:30PM.
Taxis are available outside the terminal.
Last Updated: 08 December 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.