Datong Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Datong Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Datong Airport.
What to Expect
- This new single terminal opened in 2006, and connected to a few destinations across China.
- It seems the airport is currently being expanded.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within 30 minutes of the airport, though none provide airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of three airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Datong Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- First Class Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: 7:30AM - 8:00PM (Daily).
- VIP Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, Landside. Hours: 7:30AM - last scheduled flight departure (Daily).
- International First Class Lounge - Location: International Terminal 1, Airside. Hours: 90 minutes prior to first flight departure - last scheduled flight departure (Daily).
At the time of this update, we were only able to confirm that WiFi is available at Datong Airport inside the airport lounges. If you have information that WiFi is available elsewhere in the terminal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Datong Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Datong Grand Hotel- (22 min from the airport) formerly Holiday Inn Datong City Center. No airport shuttle.
- Garden Hotel - (24 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Yungang International Hotel - (26 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Jinjiang Inn Datong Zhenhua Street - (30 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Datong Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Yes, available. Rates are CNY5 per piece of luggage within 24 hours and CNY10 per luggage for more than 24 hours. Location: Not known.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at email@example.com and we will update the guide.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.