Dehradun Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Dehradun Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Dehradun Airport.
What to Expect
- Situated in the Himalayas, the brand new terminal is very small, with a few flights a day to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, one hotel is within walking distance of the airport, though it doesn’t provide shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Dehradun Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Port Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, Ground Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM (Daily).
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Jolly Grant Airport does not appeal to you, there are two nearby hotels. There are also several budget options in the city centers of Dehradun to the north and Rishikesh to the south (about 25 km /36 min drive).
- Hotel Padmini Palace - (500 meters from airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport. No shuttle is available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dehradun Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available at HSBC, Bancomer, Banco del Bajio and Scotiabank, all located on the lower level.
- Baggage Trolleys - Yes and free of charge.
- Disabled Services - Wheel chairs are available
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dehradun offers only domestic flights. Though there is no duty-free, there are a few small souvenir shops.
- Family Services – Childcare room available.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of writing, there are no 24-hour food options available. There are a few snack stalls open during regular business hours.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
- Car Rentals - Yes
- Public Transportation
The city bus system connects with the airport.
Taxis are available outside the terminal, for both local and inter-state destinations.
Last Updated: 02 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.