In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fukuoka Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I sank down into my comfy seat and tried vaguely to hide - and then claimed all innocence when accosted by an airport employee who in turn called the police - the airport police, that is! - Selina
"International terminal was pretty much empty. I found a nice place to sleep behind a wall of artwork on the top floor of the check-in area. Not the most comfortable seats as they aren't overly padded but decent enough to sleep on."
Have you been to Fukouka Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- JAL Sakura Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 3F, airside. Hours: 6am - last flight.
- ANA Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 2F, airside. Hours: 6am - last flight.
- Lounge Fukuoka - Location: International Terminal, 3F, airside. Hours: 8am - 9pm.
- Lounge Europe - Location: International Terminal, 3F, airside. Hours: 8am - 1025pm.
- KAL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3F, Gate 56. Hours: 2 hours before first flight - last flight.
- JAL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, 3F. Hours: unknown
- Relaxing Lounge Time - Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 3F. Lounge Access: cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain access to the lounge. Hours: 630am - 830pm.
- VIP Lounge (Available for groups and dignitaries only)
Free WiFi is available at Fukuoka Airport. Service is available in the Domestic Terminals 1, 2, and 3 in the 2F Departure Lounges and in the International Terminal in the 3F Departures Lounge.
The airport offers internet kiosks and computer workstations for a fee.
If sleeping in the Fukuoka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport....
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Fukuoka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in the Domestic and International Terminals. The Tokyo Star Bank (Terminal 2, 1F, 2F) offers a 24 hour machine.
- Car Rentals - Location: Terminals 1, 2 and 3 - Arrivals Level.
- Currency Exchange - There are banks and foreign exchange offices in the domestic and international terminals.
- Food & Drinks - There are coffee shops and kiosks selling Sushi, Ramen, Japanese and Western dishes.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk available in the Domestic and International Terminals.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The Left Luggage office is available in the International terminal, first floor. Hours: 8am - 930pm. Additionally there lockers available in these locations: Domestic Terminal 1, 1F ( behind ANA FESTA ) • Domestic Terminal 2, 1F ( in front of JAL counter ) • Domestic Terminal 2F, 1F ( beside Nippon Express counter ) • Terminal 3, 1F ( beside Convenience Store D ) • International Terminal 1F ( beside Eastern ) • International 1F ( beside Convenience Store I ) • International Terminal 3F ( beside BOOK AND CRAFT ).
- Mobile Charging - There are currently 9 mobile charging units in the Domestic and International terminals. Rate: 200 yen for 20 minutes charge.
- Observation Deck - There are 3 observation areas from which to watch the action on the runway. All viewing galleries are open to the public for free. Access: Domestic Terminal Terminal 1, 3F (Hours: 7am - 8pm) • Domestic Terminal 2, 4F (Hours: 7am-930pm) • International Terminal 4F North and South Side (Hours: 730am-830pm )
- Pharmacy - Accor Pharmacy, Domestic Terminal 3 2F, Hours: 9am - 7pm (weekdays) and 9am - 130pm (weekends and holidays)
- Prayer Room - Location: International Terminal, 4F. Hours: 6am - 940pm.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There are smoking rooms available airside in Terminal 1, 2, 3 and the International Terminal.
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Fukuoka Travel Resources
- Fukuoka Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Fukuoka Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.