Fukuoka Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Fukuoka Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I sank down into my comfy seat and tried vaguely to hide - and then claimed all innocence when accosted by an airport employee who in turn called the police - the airport police, that is! - Selina
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fukuoka Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern international airport, with separate terminal buildings for domestic and international flights. A variety of shopping and dining options is available.
- Check out the observation deck for cool views of the runway!
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Fukuoka Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Fukuoka airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- KAL Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3F, Gate 56. Hours: 8:30AM - 10:40AM • 11:40 - 3:20PM • 5:50PM - 8:50PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Relaxing Lounge Time - Showers and Nap rooms are available. Location: Domestic Terminal 2, 3F. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (1000/500YEN) • cardholders from certain credit card companies can gain access to the lounge.
Free WiFi is available at Fukuoka Airport. Service is available in the Domestic Terminals 1, 2, and 3 in the 2F Departure Lounges and in the International Terminal in the 3F Departures Lounge.
The airport offers internet kiosks and computer workstations for a fee.
If sleeping in Fukuoka Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Relaxing Lounge Time - For a nap or shower, head over to Relaxing Lounge TIME in Domestic Terminal 2, Building 3F. Open from 6:30AM to 8:30PM year round, the lounge is available on a pay-per-use basis. Private rooms are 700 Yen plus tax (per hour) and shower rooms are 800 Yen plus tax (per hour).
- Hyatt Regency Fukuoka- (10 min from the airport) Airport transfer available for a fee
- Anchor Hotel Hakata - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- the b hakata - (10 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Fukuoka Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Cash machines are available in the Domestic and International Terminals. You can find FOREX machines at two locations in Domestic Terminal 2 and at most machines in the International Terminal.
- Baby Care Facilities - Baby changing facilities and nursing rooms can be found through the airport.
- Currency Exchange - There are banks and foreign exchange offices in the domestic and international terminals.
- Food & Drinks - There are coffee shops and kiosks selling Sushi, Ramen, Japanese and Western dishes.
- Information Desk - There is an information desk available in the Domestic and International Terminals.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - The Left Luggage office is available at the Fukuoka Airport Building Baggage Storage Counter in the International terminal, first floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 9:40PM. Rates are unknown. Additionally there lockers available in these locations: Domestic Terminal 1, 1F ( behind ANA FESTA ) • Domestic Terminal 2, 1F ( in front of JAL counter ) • Domestic Terminal 2F, 1F ( beside Nippon Express counter ) • Terminal 3, 1F ( beside Convenience Store D ) • International Terminal 1F ( beside Eastern ) • International 1F ( beside Convenience Store I ) • International Terminal 3F ( beside BOOK AND CRAFT ). Lockers have a maximum storage time of 7 days. Locker rates are 300 yen (small) • 400 yen (medium) • 500 yen (large) and 600 yen (extra large).
- Massage Chairs - Can be found throughout the airport. Rates: 200 yen/10 minutes.
- Mobile Charging - There are currently 9 mobile charging units in the Domestic and International terminals. Rate: 200 yen for 20 minutes charge.
- Observation Deck - There are 4 observation areas from which to watch the action on the runway. All viewing galleries are open to the public for free. Access: Domestic Terminal Terminal 1, 3F (Hours: 7:00AM - 8:00PM) • Domestic Terminal 2, 4F (Hours: 7:00AM - 9:30PM) from this location you can also climb Staircase F to the great view room which includes vending machines (7:00AM - 9:30PM) • International Terminal 4F North and South Side (Hours: 7:30AM - 8:30PM).
- Pharmacy - AKO Pharmacy, Domestic Terminal 3 2F, Hours: 9:00AM - 7:00PM (weekdays) and 9:00AM - 1:30PM Saturdays (closed Sundays and holidays).
- Prayer Room - Location: International Terminal, 4F. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:40PM.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - There are smoking rooms available airside in Terminal 1, 2, 3 and the International Terminal.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
- Car Rentals - Location: Terminals 1, 2 and 3 - Arrivals Level.
- Inter-Terminal Shuttle - The airport operates a free shuttle bus to transport passengers between the International and Domestic Terminals. Frequency: every 8-10 minutes.
- Public Transportation
- Taxis - Yes
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.