Gwangju Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Gwangju Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Gwangju Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal is busy, and connects to three Korean destinations.
- This airport may close as the newer Muan International Airport grows.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotels near the airport, though it doesn’t provide airport shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Gwangju Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Asiana Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Landside, 2nd Departure Level.
Free WiFi is available in the airport. In addition, an internet lounge is located on 1F, but information on details and rates is currently unavailable.
If sleeping in Gwangju Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotel is Holiday Inn Gwangju. There are additional hotels about 15 to 20 minutes away in the city center.
- Holiday Inn Gwangju - Less than 4 minutes from the airport. Airport shuttle service is available upon request, 65,000 KRW each way, price is based per vehicle not per person, best to find other travelers to share the costs.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Gwangju Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - Yes.
- Art Galleries – There is an art exhibit located on the second floor.
- Baby Care Facilities - Nursing and maternity lounges are available in the airport. To find the Maternity Lounge, take the central escalator from the 1st floor to the 2nd floor, make a U-turn to the right and walk to the front of the Departure area. Changing table, sofa, sink, and more, are available in the Nursing room, located on the east side of the 2nd floor, between Domestic Departures and the airport art gallery.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Yes.
- Disabled Services – There are lifts connecting both floors.
- Duty Free & Shopping - A few small shops are available.
- Family Services - A “Priority Search Stand” is available to help travelers with children breeze through security. Priority boarding for travelers with children is also available. Ask boarding gate staff for details.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open roughly between 9:00AM - 7:00PM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Information Desk – Located on the first floor near the escalator.
- Mobile Charging - Yes, available for use, free of charge. Locations: unknown.
- Pharmacy – Yes
- Smoking Area – Available on the second floor.
Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport. As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
- Car Rentals
The car rental information desk is located on the first floor and is open from 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Public Transportation
- Bus: One bus travels from the airport to Dodeokdong, with numerous stops in between.
- Subway: The Green subway line directly connects the airport with the city more broadly. The full route travels between Pyeongdang and Makdong.
A taxi stand is located in front of the passenger terminal. Here, you can pick up both deluxe and regular taxis for flat rates.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.