Hangzhou Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hangzhou Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
At about 1:00, the lights were dimmed slightly. I woke at 6:00 when staff started coming in for the morning. - Beccapiglet
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport.
What to Expect
- A large and modern international airport with separate terminals for international and domestic flights. One reviewer reports that the international terminal is better for sleeping in, while the domestic terminal has better shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- The departure area of the International terminal has nice, comfortable seats with power outlets nearby.
- Many travelers choose to spend the night at this airport, so you won’t be alone here. However, this means that the terminal gets crowded and empty seats can be hard to find, so if you see a vacant seat, grab it quickly!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter one of the airport’s first class lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hangzhou Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge No. 6 - Location: Domestic Terminal 3B, Airside, opposite Gate B23. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
- Easygo VIP International Lounge - Location: International Terminal 2A, Airside, next to Gate A08. Hours: 6:30AM - 11:00PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available at Hangzhou Airport. Surprisingly, a Chinese mobile number is not required for access.
Internet Cafes are located at the Red Eagle Internet Cafe (Airside, Gate 20, Domestic Departures | Hours: 8:30AM - 10:30PM) and Global Leisure Cafe (Airside, Gate 19, Domestic Departures | Hours: 8:00AM - 10:30PM) and China Unicom Leisure Cafe (Airside, Gate 19, Domestic Departures | Hours: 8:30AM - 8:00PM)
If sleeping on the floor in the Hangzhou Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Take a Nap - Location: 1st Floor of the airport. Exact location is unknown. This 309 sq meter facility offers 38 pods - 28 pods are lay flat business class seats and 10 pods at GoSleep capsule pods. Rates: 60 yuan (4 hours) and 10 yuan each hour afterwards. An overnight stay from 10:00PM - 8:00AM is approx. 120yuan.
- Holiday Star Airport Hotel - Located at the airport. Free airport shuttle every 30 minutes.
- ZTG Grand Hotel Airport Hangzhou - (4 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle service is available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hangzhou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available in both the departures and arrivals.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, International Arrival exit, on the first level. Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM.
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, 24-hour dining is not available.
- Information Desk - There are three information desks in the terminal building hall: Domestic Departure Hall, opposite Gate 1 • International Departure Hall, opposite Gate 3 • Domestic Arriving Hall between Gate 5 and the Shuttle Bus Waiting Room.
- Luggage Trolleys - Carts are available free of charge. Location: Domestic Departure Hall, Boarding Gate 17 and Domestic Arrival Hall, close to Boarding Gates 20 and 25.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Landside, Departure Hall, opposite Entrances 2 and 3. Rate: 1 yuan per item.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Smoking - There are 3 designated smoking areas within the terminal. Locations: International Departure Hall, airside (Gate 11), Domestic Departures Hall, airside (Gate 18) and Domestic Departure Hall, Airside (Gate 19).
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Designated “airport buses” offer express service between the airport and city center at an affordable price. Buses usually won’t depart until full, so this is a good option if you’re not in a hurry.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.