In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hanoi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Don't bother, it's equivalent to what most other countries call a bus station. - Dan
The other review was right... It's just like a bus station!
Our taxi dropped us off in the middle of the road next to the airport and it took us about half an hour to find the Malaysia Airlines desk in the midst of all the Vietnam Airlines desks and staff. We asked someone at another desk but she wouldn't help us even though she actually spoke fluent English (rare!).
The Vietnam Airlines staff member who actually checked us in laughed in our face because she didn't know where Adelaide is (yes, where I'm from!) and she couldn't say it either.
Found one poxy book stall but all the books were in Vietnamese; found an expensive fast food place on the 2nd floor which served the best burger in Vietnam (not hard!) - and yes i cannot complain because i know burgers are not traditional Vietnamese food - and tried to charge us twice for each item.
Seats were cold steel and staff took ages to let us board. However, they were still better than the Malaysia Airlines staff, who are supposed to be the best!
Have you been to Hanoi Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Information not available
WiFi is available at the Hanoi airport in the 4th floor restaurant and Business Class lounge.
If sleeping in the Hanoi Airport does not appeal to you, there are no hotels near the airport to rest your head. The nearest hotels are more than 17km away....
- Avi Airport Hotel - 5 minutes from the airport. Airport pick-up service available on request (US$ 5 per car).
- Fraser Suites - 30 minutes from the airport
- Hanoi Paloma Hotel - airport transportation can be arranged
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Hanoi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Car Rentals - Information not available
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - Information not available
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Information not available
- Showers - Information not available
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Taxi rates are published on a board near the arrivals areas. Know the price before you enter the taxi.
Hanoi Travel Resources
- Hanoi Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Hanoi Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 02 June 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.