Hanoi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hanoi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
On 3rd floor there are less announcements and it's a lot calmer in general.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Hanoi Airport.
What to Expect
- Two terminals - the old T1 houses domestic flights, and gives off a bus station vibe. T2 is brand new, modern, and well-equipped for the international flights. You cannot transfer between T1 and T2 unless you have a visa.
- Flights depart around the clock, so there are always travellers around with many spending the night.
- Travellers report mixed reviews of airport staff; a few have reported being asked for bribes.
- Restaurants close by 11pm.
- Free WiFi is available, but complaints about speed and ease of conncetion exist. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- T2 is the place to sleep, with modern layout and facilities.
- Plenty of chairs though most have armrests.
- T1 is unfortunately not welcoming to guests, overnight or otherwise - facilities are dirty and uncomfortable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep pods inside the airport and several hotels near the airport that provide airport transportation. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to a couple airport lounge (showers available). See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hanoi Airport Guide. Consider sending us your Hanoi Airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Business Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$25).
Free WiFi is available at Hanoi airport.
If sleeping in Hanoi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport.
- Sleep Pods - Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd and 3rd Floors (3 single and 11 twin pods) and Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor (6 twin pods). Each pod is 4 sq. meters and 3 meters high with amenities such as bed, wardrobe, bedding, WIFI, alarm clock, tv, work desk, privacy curtain, and travel guide. Snack and drink is included.
- Viet Village Hotel - (5 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle available
- Airport View Hotel - (3 min from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Hanoi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes
- Currency Exchange - Yes
- Food & Drinks - There are restaurants available at the airport however it is not known if any are open 24 hours. Locations: Top Floor of the E Building, Domestic Terminal • Terminal 2, International, 4th Floor.
- Information Desk - First Floor, E Building, Domestic Terminal. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal 2, Level 2. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates per piece of baggage: 50.000 (3 hours) • 60.000 (3 - 12 hours) • 70.000 (12 - 24 hours) • 90.000 (per day/24 hours - 7 days) • 100.000 (per day/7 days - 30 days) • 110.000 (per day/30 days).
- Mobile Charging - Available in the boarding areas on Terminal 1 and 2.
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport. Hours: Not known.
- Showers - Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Taxi rates are published on a board near the arrivals areas. Know the price before you enter the taxi.
Last Updated: 07 January 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.