Hanoi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Hanoi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
On 3rd floor there are less announcements and it's a lot calmer in general.
Rest zone located in Terminal 2
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Hanoi Airport.
What to Expect
- Two terminals - the old T1 houses domestic flights, and gives off a bus station vibe. T2 is brand new, modern, and well-equipped for the international flights. You cannot transfer between T1 and T2 unless you have a visa.
- Flights depart around the clock, so there are always travellers around with many spending the night.
- Travellers report mixed reviews of airport staff; a few have reported being asked for bribes.
- Restaurants close by 11pm.
- Free WiFi is available, but complaints about speed and ease of conncetion exist. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- T2 is the place to sleep, with modern layout and facilities.
- There is a rest zone in Terminal 2 with padded seating suitable for stretching out and relaxing.
- Plenty of chairs though most have armrests.
- T1 is unfortunately not welcoming to guests, overnight or otherwise - facilities are dirty and uncomfortable.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep pods inside the airport and several hotels near the airport that provide airport transportation. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass to a couple airport lounge (showers available). See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
- Beware of taxis. If you are negotiating a rate, be sure to ask for a rate that includes "toll fees", so that you do not receive a surprise at the end of the ride.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Hanoi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- NIA First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$25).
- NASCO First and Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, Level 4, East Wing. Hours: unknown. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$21).
Free WiFi is available at Hanoi airport. Connect to the “Noi Bai Airport Free Wi-Fi” network and enter your information in the login page for access.
If sleeping in Hanoi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels inside and near the airport.
- Sleep Pods - Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, 2nd and 3rd Floors (3 single and 11 twin pods) and Terminal 2, Airside, 2nd Floor (6 twin pods). Each pod is 4 sq. meters and 3 meters high with amenities such as bed, wardrobe, bedding, WIFI, alarm clock, tv, work desk, privacy curtain, and travel guide. Snack and drink is included. Prices start at 130,000 VND/hour for a single room in Terminal 1 and 160,000 VND/hour for a twin room in Terminal 2.
- Viet Village Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pickup is offered upon request (driver will meet you with name on board), hotel to airport is provided by taxi for $3.00 USD.
- Airport View Hotel - (3 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle available upon request.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hanoi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are nine ATMs in T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor. In T2/International, there are three ATMs each in the west and east wings (landside, 1st floor).
- Baby Care Facilities - Crib, changing table and more are available for use in the Baby Care Room. Location: T2/International, airside, 3rd floor departures lounge - west wing.
- Baggage Carts - Baggage carts are free to use. Locations: T1/Domestic, landside, Departures Hall 2nd floor • T1/Domestic, Arrivals Hall • T2/International, landside, Departures Hall 3rd floor • T2/International, Arrivals Hall.
- Banking - Vietinbank operates a kiosk in T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor.
- Children’s Play Areas - Colorful mini jungle gyms, including swings, slides and seesaws are located in both terminals. Locations: T1/Domestic, airside • T2/International, airside, Departures lounge near Gate 33.
- Currency Exchange - Vietinbank and ACB Bank have foreign currency exchange kiosks in T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor. In T2/International (landside, 1st floor), BIDV and Maritime Bank offer currency exchange in the west wing, while Vietinbank and Techcombank offer services in the east wing.
- Drinking Water - Free drinking water is available airside in both terminals. Look for the “Free Drink” machines. Locations: T1/Domestic, airside, 2nd floor Departures lounge - Halls A, B and E • T2/International, airside, Departures lounge near Gates 21, 25, 32 and 35.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available in the International Terminal (T2) on the center of the International Arrivals lounge (1st floor), and the International Departures lounge east wing (3rd floor). Shops selling souvenirs, books, local handicrafts, convenience items and more are available in the departures areas of T1 and T2.
- Food & Drinks - A wide variety of food concessions operate throughout the airport on varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining.
- Information Desk - First Floor, E Building, Domestic Terminal. Hours: Not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Terminal 2, Level 2. Hours: open 24 hours. Rates per piece of baggage: 50.000 (3 hours) • 60.000 (3 - 12 hours) • 70.000 (12 - 24 hours) • 90.000 (per day/24 hours - 7 days) • 100.000 (per day/7 days - 30 days) • 110.000 (per day/30 days).
- Luggage Wrapping - Keep your valuables valuable and your privates private with the airport’s luggage wrapping service! Luggage wrapping machines are available in these locations: T1/Domestic, landside, 2nd floor Public Halls A, B and E (10 machines) • T2/International, landside, landside, 3rd floor Public Hall (3 machines).
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care are available at any of the three fully-staffed First Aid Rooms. Express first aid service (visit conducted in under ten minutes) is available upon request. Locations: T1/Domestic, 1st floor Arrivals Hall A • T2/International, 3rd floor departures lounge • T2/International, 1st floor Arrivals Hall - west.
- Mobile Charging - Ten-outlet mobile charging stations are available in these locations: T1/Domestic, landside, 1st floor, Public Halls A & E • T1/Domestic, airside, 2nd floor Departures lounge Halls A, B & E • T2/International, landside, 3rd floor Information Counter • T2/International, airside, Departure lounge, near Gates 21, 22, 23, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35.
- Rest Zones - The airport has a rest area that features seating that is suitable for stretching out and other padded easy chairs. Location: Terminal 2, Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate 36 (on the west side).
- Shopping - There is Duty Free available at the airport.
- Showers - Available in the Business Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Taxi rates are published on a board near the arrivals areas. Know the price before you enter the taxi.
Last Updated: 20 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.