Herat Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Herat Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I was fortunate enough not to have to sleep there
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Herat International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, served mainly by commercial and military commuter flights to Kabul.
- Separate security checkpoints and waiting/boarding area for female travelers.
- Flights from this airport rarely depart on time. ALWAYS call ahead to confirm your flight.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Herat Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
If sleeping in Herat Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Nazary 4 Star Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee
- Tejarat Hotel - (15 min from the airport) Airport transfers available for a fee
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Herat Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.