Jakarta Halim Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Jakarta Halim Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Jakarta Halim Perdanakusuma Airport.
What to Expect
- Originally a dedicated military airport, in 2014 it started taking scheduled commercial flights to ease traffic from Jakarta’s main airport, Soekarno-Hatto.
- A second terminal is used only for pilgrims traveling during Hajj season.
- WiFi is available in the paid-use lounge. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport; some provide airport shuttle service for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Jakarta Halim Perdanakusuma Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
- Sapphire PremiAir Executive Lounge - Location: Departure Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
WiFi is available at Jakarta Halim Airport inside the Sapphire PremiAir Executive Lounge.
If sleeping in Jakarta Halim Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Premier The Hive - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available.
- Ibis Jakarta Cawang - (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is not available.
- Park Hotel Jakarta - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available upon request, Rp.350.000 each way.
- favehotel PGC Cililitan - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Dafam Teraskita Jakarta - (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Halim Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, there are 5 ATM’s available.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, Aditya Wijaya Artha provides services in the Departure Area while Doa Dasa Valasindo can be found in the Arrivals Area.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of 24-hour dining. Some of the dining options include: A&W • Dunkin’ Donuts • Rotiboy • Starbucks
- Nursing Room - Yes, at Boarding Lounge at Gate 6.
- Prayer Room - Yes, mosques are provided in 2 locations.
- Shopping - There are a variety of shops to choose from including a Circle K and Indomart convenience stores.
- Smoking - Permitted in designated smoking rooms provided in the airport.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Many hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport for free or for a fee. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
For an easier transition into a taxi, and to guarantee your fare, hire a prepaid taxi from the Prepaid Taxi booths just past Customs. Otherwise, taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. For a fair rate, insist on using the meter, or opt for a ride with one of the reputable “premium” taxi companies that serve the airport.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.