Kaohsiung Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kaohsiung Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
It rarely takes more than about 15 mins to get off the plane and to the superb MRT that connects the airport to downtown. - Pok Pin
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kaohsiung International Airport.
What to Expect
- A friendly and efficient international airport with a smaller, older terminal for domestic flights and a newer, much larger terminal for international flights.
- An interesting selection of shops and restaurants is available.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Mosquitoes inside and outside of the airport terminal. Wear mosquito repellent to keep them at bay!
Where to Sleep
- Travelers who plan to spend the night are required to sign in and provide ID to airport security, at the far left end of the Arrivals terminal. Overnight stays are only allowed in the central area on the Arrivals level.
- After the last flight of the night, the lights are dimmed and the air-conditioning is turned off. Overhead announcements and TVs can be loud, so have earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to block out the noise.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kaohsiung Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- More Premium Lounge - Location: Airside on the third floor. Turn left after security and it is a 1-minute walk. Hours: 5:30AM - 8:30PM (Daily).
Free WiFi is available throughout Kaohsiung Airport. Connect to any network listed as “airport 1” to “airport 17”. Additionally, “@ Internet Area” kiosks offer free wired internet access. Look for these kiosks in the eastern and western sides of Waiting Area 3F in the International Terminal, and Waiting Area 1F in the Domestic Terminal.
If sleeping in Kaohsiung Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Riverside International Hotel Kaohsiung - (5 min from airport) Free airport transfer with advanced reservation.
- Kaohsiung International Plaza Hotel - (8 min from airport) Free airport shuttle bus is avaialble between 8:00AM and 10:00PM, spot must be reserved with hotel in advance.
- Orange House Hotel - (10 min from airport) Free airport transfers are available, call (07) 801-2266 once you have picked up your luggage.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kaohsiung Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs - ATMs are located at 1F (Domestic terminal) and 3F and 1F (International terminals)
- Baby Care Facilities - A nursery is available in the Domestic Terminal (1F), hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM • International Terminal (3F), airside, hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM. You may even be able to stretch out on a comfy couch for a rest. Strollers are available for use, free of charge, from landside all the way to the boarding gate. No ID or registration necessary. Pick one up at the Service Counter.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Bank of Taiwan and Mega International Commercial Bank offer currency exchange in the International Terminal (1F and 3F).
- Disabled Services - Designated parking spaces and disabled restrooms.
- Duty Free & Shopping - All shops are located in the International Terminal. Duty-free shopping is available airside on 3F. A gift shop is located landside in the Departures lobby.
- Food & Drink - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open as early as 5:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include:
- International Terminal: Chef Teng Restaurant • Family Mart Convenience Store • Homee Kitchen • Starbucks.
- Domestic Terminal: Yue Siang Restaurant.
- Information Desk - Information, stroller rentals, and more are available at the Service Counter. Locations: International Terminal, 3F (Hours: 5:30AM - 9:00PM) • Domestic Terminal, 3F (Hours: 8:00AM - 9:00PM).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Baggage Storage lockers are available at a rate of NT $50 - NT $100 per 12 hours, depending on the size of the locker (small or large). Maximum storage period allowed is six days. Locations: Domestic Terminal, near Baggage Delivery luggage storage box • International Terminal, landside, 3F (eastern side near the general store). Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Luggage Wrapping - Available for a fee at Pinoy Express. Location: International Terminal, landside, 3F (on the western side near the food concessions). Hours: 5:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Mailbox - Located at 3F, International Terminal.
- Massages - Available in the West and East Wing departure lounges of the international terminal.
- Medical Services - Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport nursing station. Location: International Terminal, 3F Departures Hall. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Post Office - Location: International Terminal, 3F. Hours: 8:30AM - 4:30PM.
- Prayer Rooms - Located on the west side of the international terminal at 3F (airside).
- Observation Deck - Head to the pedestrian corridor windows by the airport electronic walkways which have been designed into a landscape recreational area for watching planes. Hours: 6:30AM - 9:00PM.
- Skype Station - Passengers arriving on inbound international flights can make free international calls from the Skype Station, located on the ground floor by immigration check.
The airport is open daily from 5:30AM - 9:00PM.
Car rentals are available at the airport. All companies are located in the Car Rental Center, with the exception of one that has a secondary office in the International Terminal. Car rental companies are: Heyuen Car-rent (International terminal office and Car Rental Center) • Carplus Auto Leasing (Car Rental Center) • Chailease Auto Rental (Car Rental Center)
- Metro: The KRTC Metro has a station on the red line, which runs from Gangshan South to Siaogang. This line bisects with the secondary yellow line.
- Bus: A bus stop is located outside the arrival lobby. Busses depart here for Kenting (every half hour) and Chiayi (less frequent, afternoon only).
- Roving Taxis: Provide immediate service and can be picked up at the curb of the International Terminal. Surcharges are added to the fares of this style of taxi.
- Standing Taxis: Charge by the meter and can be picked up on the west side of the international and domestic terminals (near the bus stop).
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.