Kengtung Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Kengtung Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Do not even attempt to sleep overnight, try to keep few bucks for a room..if any of the locals ask you to stay with them, do not create danger for them. - chocuk
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kengtung Airport.
What to Expect
- Not much information is available about this airport. However, we hear reports that Kengtung Airport is very small and rustic single-terminal airport, with a heavy military presence and almost no amenities.
- Bring a few snacks and beverages and a book or magazines for something to do while you wait for your flight.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport. Do not accept invites from locals to spend the night, as this may invite unwelcome police intervention.
- For safety and uninterrupted sleep, an overnight stay in a hotel is your best bet! See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Kengtung Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport WiFi is available for free or a fee. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Kengtung Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Golden Star Hotel - (6 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
- Private Hotel Kyaing Tong - (7 min from the airport) Airport transfer is available upon request, 10,000/Ks each way (3 passengers).
- New Kyaing Tong Hotel - Amazing Kyaing Tong Resort - (9 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service is available. Must be pre-booked (email) and pre-paid, 40000 Ks each way per car (max 4 people).
- Princess Hotel Kyaing Tong- (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kengtung Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm what services and amenities are available. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update this airport guide.
Taxis and “tuk-tuks” are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.